It may feel strange being back in the cinema, but with your help and cooperation, our trained staff are here to make your trip as enjoyable as ever before. This is your chance to sit back, relax and forget about the world for a couple of hours.
Is it safe to come to Kiln Cinema?
The health, safety and well-being of you and our team is our priority. We are following all government safety guidelines as well as advice from the United Kingdom Cinema Association (UKCA), the British Film Institute (BFI) and the Independent Cinema Office (ICO).
We will only reopen if we are confident that the appropriate safety measures have been met. Current government guidelines can be found here.
The safety measures we have put in place means that your trip will be a little different than usual. These measures are important to ensure you and the rest of the audience can relax and enjoy the movie.
We are now on local COVID alert level HIGH. Please click here for information about what that means for your journey.
Showing Symptoms of COVID-19?
We respectfully ask that customers do not visit the cinema if they know they have any of the recognised signs of having COVID-19. More information around symptoms can be found here.
If you do show symptoms and have already booked a ticket, please stay at home and contact us at Tickets@KilnTheatre.com and we will discuss what options are available to you.
If you arrive at the venue showing symptoms of COVID-19 you will be turned away from the premises.
Socially distanced auditorium
- We have carefully prepared a reduced capacity auditorium to ensure all customers are socially distanced from one another
- We have reduced the number of available seats from 291 to 70 so that you can sit comfortably with enough distance between you and other customers
- After the screening, you will be asked to leave as quickly as possible so we can begin to clean the auditorium for the next film
Book your tickets in advance, online
- You may only attend with people from the same household, or those who are in your support bubble
- Booking online is the easiest and safest way to choose the best seat for you
- It also reduces interaction with our staff and queuing time
- Group bookings are limited to 4 people per performance
- Our doors will only open 15 minutes before each screening, so please do not come any earlier than necessary. You may have to wait outside if you come early
Follow the one-way systems and venue rules
- We have a one-way system in place to limit interaction with staff and other customers
- We have installed social distancing signage throughout the cinema so we can all give one another the space we need to feel safe
- Our doors will only open 30 minutes before each screening, so please do not come any earlier than necessary
- Masks are mandatory when inside the building. You may momentarily remove your mask when consuming food and drink in the auditorium but please wear it at all other times.
- All staff will be wearing face coverings
- We are mindful of the fact that there are people who may be less able to wear a face covering due to disabilities and other non-visible health conditions and our wish is to create an environment where everyone feels safe and welcome
- We are supporting the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower. To access a lanyard or card before your visit, click here More information here
- Facemasks are not available to buy at the venue
NHS Test and Trace
- We participate in the Test and Trace service for the NHS. Sharing contact details with the NHS, where requested, can help to identify people who may have been exposed to the virus. The collected data will only be held for 21 days and will only be used where necessary
Food & Drink
- A reduced service of xx will be available to order either online, or at the box office. You will also notice that we have installed screens to limit contact with our staff
- Our already high cleaning standards will be enhanced by a further cleaning programme designed to clean and sanitise the regular touch points within the building
- We have complimentary (non-contact) hand sanitisers readily available throughout the building
- We have trained our staff to handle extra cleaning measures and will be thoroughly cleaning and fogging the toilets and auditorium between screenings
- Our toilets will be monitored, and capacity will be controlled
- Ventilation in Kiln Cinema is provided by a full fresh air circulation and extract.
Click here for our Terms and Conditions of Sale. We offer a strict no-refund policy unless you have had to cancel your trip due to showing symptoms of COVID-19. If you do show symptoms and have already booked a ticket, please stay at home and contact us at Tickets@KilnTheatre.com and we will discuss what options are available to you.
If the screening is cancelled due to Government guidance or local restrictions, we will contact you to discuss refund or exchange options.
What is happening with my Kiln Card?
We will automatically extend your membership for the length of time lost. This extension will start when tickets go on sale for our first screenings. You will receive an email confirming the new expiry date of your membership.