YOUNG WRITERS PROGRAMME
Your Voice. Your Stage
18-25 | London Borough of Brent
We are looking for the future generation of writers. Ten young people aged between 18-25, from Brent will be selected and paid to join a six-week course which will develop their skills of writing for live performance.
They will collaborate with industry experts and artists to create their own short piece which will be performed by professional actors.
We believe your voice is the most powerful tool you have, and we want to give you a platform to allow your voice to flourish, be heard and make a lasting difference. We have created a course where you are entitled to express your points of view and realise your story. You don’t have to have written anything before, but if you have something to say, we want to hear it.
- You have something to say about the world we live in
- You have not been on a writing course before
- You are between 18-25 years old
- You currently live in the London Borough of Brent
- You are available on Thursday evenings (6-9pm) from 26 Nov – 17 Dec & 7 – 21 Jan
- You are available w/c 25 Jan for rehearsals and performance
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse people, Working Class, LGBTQIA+, D/deaf and/or disabled candidates. We will also work with you to make sure any access needs are met and that you can make the most of the opportunity.
- You will be able to write about anything you want
- This is specifically about writing scripts for live performance
- You will receive London Living Wage (£32) per week to take part
- The are via Zoom
- All writing will belong to you
HOW TO APPLY
Sign up here
to take part in a taster workshop where you will participate in exercises to help us select the final 10 participants. You can also WhatsApp us on 07375 532006 if easier.
- The taster workshops will take place on 18 Nov (1-4pm), 19 & 20 Nov (6-9pm). The sessions will be via Zoom
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Marketing@KilnTheatre.com