Building on our Schools’ writing projects in 2021-2022 and, in consultation with teachers and arts educators, we have developed our new School Residencies programme.
From September 2023, we will be delivering our free School Residencies programme which will be delivered across the academic year in two Brent Secondary schools. The residencies will be co-designed with teachers to ensure we are delivering opportunities which are beneficial to the students and the contexts in which the schools are working in. An example programme will include:
- Free tickets to all Kiln productions across the year and a supporting insight workshop with the cast or creatives
- Backstage workshop & tour
- Set text and performance component workshops as part of our mission to support schools to use new texts and work, which are representative of the students and the global society in which they live
- Careers in the arts workshops
- Working with professional theatre makers on an 8-week project which will explore devising, writing or text work through which students will perform or see their work performed on stage by professional actors.
- Teacher’s CPD sessions
If your school is interested in working with Kiln across an academic year on our Residencies programme, please contact email@example.com.
THE SCHOOLS PROGRAMME AT KILN THEATRE IS GENEROUSLY SUPPORTED BY:
29th May 1961 Charitable Trust, City Bridge Foundation, Garfield Weston Foundation, Marie-Louise von Motesiczky Charitable Trust, The Vanderbilt Family Foundation.