16 July – 8 August
Kiln Theatre and Openhearted Productions present
written and performed by Jade Anouka
This is a story for all the misfits, all those who have ever felt ‘other’.
Critically acclaimed actor, writer and poet Jade Anouka comes to Kiln Theatre in her pulsating debut play which explores the epic stories that make us the people we are today.
Based on her real journey, Heart is a beating silence; it is being brave yet vulnerable, playful yet profound, your best self and your worst. It’s a blazing journey of words and rhythms that lay bare our shared want to fit in whilst being our authentic self.
Age Guidance 14+
Captioned Thu 30 July
Audio Described Thu 6 Aug (pre-show touch tour from 6.30pm)
Post show talkTue 28 Jul
Select a performance
- Thursday 16th July8:00PMBook Now
- Friday 17th July8:00PMBook Now
- Saturday 18th July8:00PMBook Now
- Monday 20th July7:00PMSold Out
- Tuesday 21st July8:00PMBook Now
- Wednesday 22nd July8:00PMBook Now
- Thursday 23rd July8:00PMBook Now
- Friday 24th July8:00PMBook Now
- Saturday 25th July3:00PMmatineeBook Now
- Saturday 25th July8:00PMBook Now
- Monday 27th July8:00PMBook Now
- Tuesday 28th July8:00PMBook Now
- Wednesday 29th July3:00PMmatineeBook Now
- Wednesday 29th July8:00PMBook Now
- Friday 31st July8:00PMBook Now
- No results found for July
- Saturday 1st August3:00PMmatineeBook Now
- Saturday 1st August8:00PMBook Now
- Monday 3rd August8:00PMBook Now
- Tuesday 4th August8:00PMBook Now
- Wednesday 5th August3:00PMmatineeBook Now
- Wednesday 5th August8:00PMBook Now
- Thursday 6th August8:00PMaudio describedBook Now
- Friday 7th August8:00PMBook Now
- Saturday 8th August3:00PMmatineeBook Now
- Saturday 8th August8:00PMBook Now
- No results found for August
With our theatre temporarily closed, your support is more crucial than ever. Help us to ensure that Kiln Theatre can be here on the other side of this crisis to bring communities together again. Thank you.
Writer and performer
Jade Anouka writes and stars. Anouka recently starred in ITV project Cleaning Up opposite Sheridan Smith, and also appeared in ITV drama Trauma alongside Adrian Lester. Jade starred in the Old Vic two-hander Cover My Tracks, and recently returned to the Hampstead Theatre for the remount of Ella Road’s The Plebotomist directed by Sam Yates. She can currently be seen on Netflix opposite Idris Elba in his 8-part series Turn Up Charlie. Anouka starred in the Donmar Warehouse all-female Shakespeare Trilogy, playing the roles of Ariel in The Tempest, Mark Anthony in Julius Caesar and Hotspur in Henry IV all directed by Phyllida Lloyd. Winner of The Stage Award for Acting Excellence, Ian Charleson Award Commendations and Screen International Star of Tomorrow 2017.
Nancy Medina directs. Originally from Brooklyn NY, and currently based in Bristol Medina is the 2018 RTST Sir Peter Hall Director Award winner and will be collaborating with Royal & Derngate and English Touring Theatre on a production in 2019. In 2017 she was a Genesis Director at the Young Vic. She is an acting tutor at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and Course Leader for a post 16 Professional Acting Diploma at Boomsatsuma. Directing credits include: Collective Rage: A Play in 5 Betties (Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama), When They Go Low (NT Connections/Sherman Theatre), Yellowman (Young Vic), Romeo and Juliet (GB Theatre), As You Like it (GB Theatre), Curried Goat and Fish Fingers (Bristol Old Vic), Dogtag (Theatre West), Strawberry & Chocolate (Tobacco Factory Theatres), Dutchman (Tobacco Factory Theatres) and Persistence of Memory (Rondo Theatre).